General Manager - Eastwood (Bairnsdale), VIC
About the Role
As a General Manager you will embrace and share our values of being Brave, Caring and Responsible. As a passionate, empathetic, and nurturing leader; you will lead our care home and the team to achieve its care, safety, financial, operational, customer and people objectives. You will be provided with a strong support structure, including highly experienced and supportive operational and clinical management teams. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and management bonuses. Play a pivotal part in driving our purpose to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
About the Care Home
Our delightful modern Eastwood care home is set in a rural environment surrounded by the picturesque rolling hills of Bairnsdale near to Lakes Entrance in eastern Victoria. It is close to schools, walking tracks, parks, beaches, mountains, and rivers. It consists of 91 beds, with dementia and high care units. Our primary goal is placing our focus on the health, lifestyle and well-being of our residents.
- Range of discounts on Bupa products – Healthcare, Optical, Dental
- ‘People First’ wellness program that can be accessed by all employees.
- Bupa Online Leadership Development, available on demand.
- Clinical learning opportunities and more, through online and face to face training.
- Internal transfers across our care homes.
- Employee Networks for you to get involved in an area you are passionate about, have your voice heard and be you at Bupa.
- Create a positive and engaged culture in the Care Home for all employees to thrive in.
- Provide strong leadership to your Care Home employees, leading with Bupa’s Values to ensure your team are supported to perform at their best
- Support your leaders to have frequent team and individual performance and development conversations, to help employees be successful in their roles
- Ensure a person-first approach is taken at the Care Home to support our residents and their families, enabling and respecting residents to make informed decisions about their care
- Ensure Aged Care Standards are embedded within the Home.
- Diagnose and solve business problems, drawing on your key business insights to develop and execute appropriate interventions at pace
Skills & Experience
- Experience leading a customer-centric culture in a B2C business, focused on enhancing customer engagement, experience and acting on customer feedback.
- Leadership roles in highly regulated sectors with strong performance standards, risk and capital management, and sense of purpose / brand identity (profits reinvested in the business for customers).
- Capacity to actively learn through experimentation, pivot and apply experience to new roles and industry.
- Has developed or driven continuous improvement efforts in large organisational settings.
- Experience leading others through high-pressure situations or adversity.
- Solid commercial understanding of budgets, resource management and key levers for profitability – to allow for better care outcomes and re-investment opportunities.
- Considers differences in stakeholder perspectives to reach optimal solutions and ensure organisational responsiveness to stakeholders.
- A track record of maintaining service delivery and customer satisfaction within health or other service industry, in accordance with strict regulations and standards.
We all share the same purpose at Bupa Aged Care. Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world. We take pride in delivering high-quality care with a personal touch. Bupa champions a unique agile culture, one that adapts to your needs as a member of our team. Our focus is not limited to our residents but also your wellbeing and career growth. We aim to support you with tools you need to achieve a fulfilling career.
How to Apply
Click Apply to be taken to our online application process. As part of your application you will be asked to complete pre-employment checks.
Bupa Villages and Aged Care is a NDIS approved provider. As part of the NDIS scheme, employees working within a NDIS facility, in a risk assessed role, must have a completed NDIS check. This is part of compliance and needs to be completed prior to commencement – successful applicants will have this cost reimbursed upon commencement.
IMPORTANT: All aged care workers must be vaccinated against seasonal influenza, and have the relevant COVID and Booster vaccinations in line with State legislation. Evidence of these vaccinations will be required prior to commencement.
To learn more about working at Bupa please visit our website: www.bupa.com.au/careers
Our people reflect the diversity of our community. At Bupa, your wellbeing, identity and own story is respected and valued.
Customer care during COVID
When COVID-19 hit we knew we had a responsibility to care for our customers by putting them at the heart of our decisions.
For this reason, in April 2020 our Health Insurance team invested over $50M and created the hardship team to support our customers when they most needed it.
Celebrate Wear it Purple Day and be the change
Wear it Purple was started to raise awareness of the discrimination faced by LGBTIQ+ youth, and the higher levels of suicide, depression and anxiety they experience as a result.Read more
Forbes ranks Bupa one of the world’s best employers
Bupa has been ranked one of the world's best employers in Forbes' annual 'World's Best Employers' survey.Read more
Thank you aged care workers
Today is ‘Aged Care Employee Day’, and there’s never been a more important time to thank aged care workers.Read more
Ban the asterisk
Our customers have told us that our products can be confusing and complex when we add an asterisk (*) with fine print in our policies. To respond to our customers’ needs, in 2020 the Product Deisgn Squad was created to make our products simpler, more relecant and personalised. Here’s how putting our customers at the heart of everything helped the team ban the *.
Don’t see a role that’s right for you? You can sign up for our job alerts and we’ll make sure to let you know when the right one comes up.
Leave your CV
Didn’t find the right job? Share your CV with us and we’ll get in touch if we find the right fit.Submit