Lifestyle and Community Coordinator
About the Home
Our Donvale care home is nestled within three acres of bush land, creating a tranquil environment for you to relish. Less than 30 minutes to the CBD, it is accessible by public transport, and close to the freeway. It consists of 118 beds, with a range of care units including dementia and respite. Our primary goal is placing our focus on the health, lifestyle and well-being of our residents.
Benefits of Bupa
- Supportive, collaborative, and caring team culture
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working shifts and arrangements
- Relocation and accommodation assistance available
- Internal transfers across our care homes
About the Role
As the Lifestyle & Wellbeing Coordinator, you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of Person-First Leisure and Lifestyle Programs in our homes.
You will manage a team of recreational activity officers responsible for promoting emotional and physical rehabilitation through person-first recreational activities that promote holistic wellbeing, including providing residents with quality care, and actively supporting them to maintain the skill level, independence and mobility and proving respite support to their family/carers.
In addition to overseeing the Person-First Leisure and Lifestyle Program and the team of recreational activity officers, you will be required to perform the role of the Recreational Activity Officer, alongside the Activity Officers within the care home.
- Manage all Recreational Activities Officers with excellent team leadership
- Provide residents with quality care and actively supporting them to maintain their skill levels, independence and mobility and providing respite support to their family/carers
- Work collaboratively with other team members to effective plan and organise all recreational activity programs
- Ensure individual resident’s needs, values, spiritual and cultural preferences are taken into account when providing recreational care
- Complete documented assessments which determine and clearly state capabilities, needs and problems
- Comply with infection control and work health and safety standards
Skills and Experience
- Cert IV in Leisure and Lifestyle is desirable, degree level qualifications highly regarded
- Previous experience gained in a similar role
- Senior First Aid Certificate is essential
- Previous experience in caring for the elderly within an aged or community care setting
- Highly developed organisation and time management skills
- The ability to solve problems independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of Resident Rights, Aged Care Accreditation Standards and Outcomes
We all share the same purpose at Bupa Aged Care. Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world. We take pride in delivering high-quality care with a personal touch. Bupa champions a unique agile culture, one that adapts to your needs as a member of our team. Our focus is not limited to our residents but also your wellbeing and career growth. We aim to support you with tools you need to achieve a fulfilling career.
How to Apply
Click Apply to be taken to our online application process. As part of your application you will be asked to complete pre-employment checks.
Bupa Villages and Aged Care is a NDIS approved provider. As part of the NDIS scheme, employees working within a NDIS facility, in a risk assessed role, must have a completed NDIS check. This is part of compliance and needs to be completed prior to commencement – successful applicants will have this cost reimbursed upon commencement.
IMPORTANT: All aged care workers must be vaccinated against seasonal influenza, and have the relevant COVID and Booster vaccinations in line with State legislation. Evidence of these vaccinations will be required prior to commencement.
To learn more about working at Bupa please visit our website: www.bupa.com.au/careers
Our people reflect the diversity of our community. At Bupa, your wellbeing, identity and own story is respected and valued.
Customer care during COVID
When COVID-19 hit we knew we had a responsibility to care for our customers by putting them at the heart of our decisions.
For this reason, in April 2020 our Health Insurance team invested over $50M and created the hardship team to support our customers when they most needed it.
Celebrate Wear it Purple Day and be the change
Wear it Purple was started to raise awareness of the discrimination faced by LGBTIQ+ youth, and the higher levels of suicide, depression and anxiety they experience as a result.Read more
Forbes ranks Bupa one of the world’s best employers
Bupa has been ranked one of the world's best employers in Forbes' annual 'World's Best Employers' survey.Read more
Thank you aged care workers
Today is ‘Aged Care Employee Day’, and there’s never been a more important time to thank aged care workers.Read more
Ban the asterisk
Our customers have told us that our products can be confusing and complex when we add an asterisk (*) with fine print in our policies. To respond to our customers’ needs, in 2020 the Product Deisgn Squad was created to make our products simpler, more relecant and personalised. Here’s how putting our customers at the heart of everything helped the team ban the *.
Don’t see a role that’s right for you? You can sign up for our job alerts and we’ll make sure to let you know when the right one comes up.
Leave your CV
Didn’t find the right job? Share your CV with us and we’ll get in touch if we find the right fit.Submit