Enrolled Nurse - Brisbane
New Farm, Australia
About the Home
Bupa New Farm is a charming care home situated in an inner suburb of Brisbane. Our home is close to the beautiful Brisbane River and Brisbane CBD with transport links nearby. It consists of 86 beds, a with various care units such as dementia, respite, and palliative. Our primary goal is placing our focus on the health, lifestyle and well-being of our residents.
Benefits of Bupa
- Supportive, collaborative, and caring team culture
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working shifts and arrangements
- Relocation and accommodation assistance available
- Internal transfers across our care homes
- Sponsorship opportunities available to eligible workers
About the Role
As an Enrolled Nurse, your genuine passion for helping others and making a difference to our resident’s quality of life will be evident in everything you do, as will your ability to empathise and put yourself in their shoes.
- Deliver the highest quality, person-first, care to our residents under the direction of the Clinical Care Team
- Ensure safe medication administration, best practice wound care and clinical support for our residents, in line with resident needs and legislative requirements
- Support the Clinical Care Manager with the management and completion of the EN ACFI assessments
- Actively engaging in handovers with the Clinical Care Team to ensure continuity of care across shifts
- Participate in person-first care planning and evaluation for residents
- Adhering to all relevant legislative requirements and quality guidelines
Skills and Experience
- Diploma of Nursing (Endorsed)
- Current registration with AHPRA is essential
- Experience in delivering personal care within an aged care setting
- The ability to work as part of a tight knit team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good clinical observation skills
- A strong understanding of Resident Rights, Aged Care Accreditation Standards and Outcomes
We all share the same purpose at Bupa Aged Care. Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world. We take pride in delivering high-quality care with a personal touch. Bupa champions a unique agile culture, one that adapts to your needs as a member of our team. Our focus is not limited to our residents but also your wellbeing and career growth. We aim to support you with tools you need to achieve a fulfilling career.
How to Apply
Click Apply to be taken to our online application process. As part of your application you will be asked to complete pre-employment checks.
Bupa Villages and Aged Care is a NDIS approved provider. As part of the NDIS scheme, employees working within a NDIS facility, in a risk assessed role, must have a completed NDIS check. This is part of compliance and needs to be completed prior to commencement – successful applicants will have this cost reimbursed upon commencement.
IMPORTANT: All aged care workers must be vaccinated against seasonal influenza, and have the relevant COVID and Booster vaccinations in line with State legislation. Evidence of these vaccinations will be required prior to commencement.
To learn more about working at Bupa please visit our website: www.bupa.com.au/careers
Our people reflect the diversity of our community. At Bupa, your wellbeing, identity and own story is respected and valued.
Customer care during COVID
When COVID-19 hit we knew we had a responsibility to care for our customers by putting them at the heart of our decisions.
For this reason, in April 2020 our Health Insurance team invested over $50M and created the hardship team to support our customers when they most needed it.
Celebrate Wear it Purple Day and be the change
Wear it Purple was started to raise awareness of the discrimination faced by LGBTIQ+ youth, and the higher levels of suicide, depression and anxiety they experience as a result.Read more
Forbes ranks Bupa one of the world’s best employers
Bupa has been ranked one of the world's best employers in Forbes' annual 'World's Best Employers' survey.Read more
Thank you aged care workers
Today is ‘Aged Care Employee Day’, and there’s never been a more important time to thank aged care workers.Read more
Ban the asterisk
Our customers have told us that our products can be confusing and complex when we add an asterisk (*) with fine print in our policies. To respond to our customers’ needs, in 2020 the Product Deisgn Squad was created to make our products simpler, more relecant and personalised. Here’s how putting our customers at the heart of everything helped the team ban the *.
Don’t see a role that’s right for you? You can sign up for our job alerts and we’ll make sure to let you know when the right one comes up.
Leave your CV
Didn’t find the right job? Share your CV with us and we’ll get in touch if we find the right fit.Submit